Translate

November 19, 2007

New hooks

I treated myself to 2 wonderful new hooks this week. (ok, several new hooks and a new set). I bought a Crystal Palace K +, which is a 7 mm and an CP L hook (8 mm, I think). I like them both, a lot, but they don't have a thumb rest. I love the bamboo in knitting needles, so now I have some nice bamboo crochet hooks.

The other hooks I got are Palmwood by Laurel HIll. They are made in Vietnam, but I bought them Karp Styles Crochet and Knitting in BC, Canada. I had ordered a size 7 (between a G and H, I think it's 4.5 mm). I finally made a hat with it a few weeks ago and loved it, so I ordered the set: D-M. They are awesome. They are a beautiful dark wood, have a wide thumb rest and a hook that doesn't catch the yarn. http://www.karpstyles.com/

I also won an auction of crochet hooks from ebay seller - jian0028, They were really inexpensive, so I hope they are nice to work with.

Here is a picture of the hat I made for baby Audrey with the K+ hook:

No comments: